- to obtain accurate information of the degraded peatland areas and their ecosystems;
- to prioritise the areas according to the potential climate change mitigation effect;
- to prioritise the ecosystems and their services and identification of key problem issues, particularly in relation to synergies and trade-offs between ecosystem services, between ecosystem services and other ecosystem functions, and between ecosystem services and land uses;
- to develop maps which can be used as a communication tool to initiate discussions with stakeholders and for planning purposes;
- to develop illustrative scenarios to show that multiple pressures and impacts may affect a particular biodiversity descriptor (considering from quantitative and qualitative aspects).
- Inventory report: Degraded peatlands in Latvia (in Latvian)
- Database supplemented by multi-layred maps
- Database manual available: HERE (in Latvian)